Everywhere you turn these days are people talking about Facebook. If you are not on Facebook now, it's time to set up an account so you can begin branding yourself – your name and what your business is about.
The following things are what you want to accomplish with your Facebook and any social networking site you may use.
- Establish credibility so that people Know, Like, and Trust you.
- Prove to them that you are a real person and not some scamster or fake!
- Provide value to your readers.
- Build a relationship through content and value.
- Get them to take action such as sending you a personal message, call or opt-in to you mailing list.
Here are some important steps when using your Facebook account.
- Make sure you upload smiling pictures of yourself, friends and your family.
- Make bold, interesting headlines to keep people interested!
- Build your story and create value in your profile!
- Keep your posts short and sweet. People don’t like to read a lot and want answers fast.
- Create and upload videos
- Make sure you respond to everyone personally that adds you as a friend or posts a comment, however be ware of spammers! Befriend them if they add you as a friend and then spam you.
- Make comments when people post things on their wall build rapport! Make people feel good!
There is a wealth of information and training on using Facebook for your business online. Following are a few I've been using and recommending.
Simple Money System
This free to signup site provides some great training on using Facebook for marketing.
Facebook Business in a Box
This very low cost resource will take you by the hand and show you how to create your online presence on Facebook.
Michelle Pescosolido is perhaps the smartest woman on the Internet when it comes to Facebook marketing. Certainly, she wants to sign you up in some of her paid training, but she also provides an incredible amount of value without cost.
Sandi Krakowski is another powerful woman who provides incredible value through her Facebook training. While she is promoting her training for a cost, she also provides allot of good tips that won't cost you a penny.