Publishing a newsletter for your opt-in list subscribers provides many benefits in terms of driving traffic to your site as well as boosting the sales and profits of your site and company. This is a marketing ploy that will not cost allot and will not require many man-hours in developing this project.
Your newsletter can inform the public about your company and products as well as services. You can keep them posted and updated about what’s going-on with your company as well as many of your promotions and offerings. Regularly sending a newsletter will keep on reminding your subscribers that you are still here and are willing to offer them good deals and services.
Newsletters also allow you to impress your subscribers, showing them your expertise and knowledge about the topic at hand and the many benefits you can offer them. When you impress people, they will become potential customers and can recommend you to their friends, colleagues and family. All of them could very well be customers in the future.
If you don't have a newsletter or publishing one for your site, you may want to consider learning to publish one. It's not as easy as it seems but if and when you get the right idea and process, it will be smooth sailing from there.
In the next few paragraphs, I will provide you with some things to consider when you decide to start your own newsletter for your site. Here are five things to consider when publishing a newsletter.
- Make sure the content of your newsletter pertains to and is closely associated with your business or the theme of your site. Don't over analyze what could be regarded as your field of expertise. You have started a site and your theme for your site will always be something you are knowledgeable about. For example; if you have a site that sells auto car parts, your newsletter must contain articles or content like photos that pertain to cars, auto parts and such. You may also include content about your company and your staff.Remember that visitors of a certain site are there because they are interested in what the site has to offer. If they sign up for an opt-in list or for a newsletter this means that they want to be updated for that certain theme or subject. Be sure that when you publish your newsletter you are providing for the need of the subscriber as well as their interests.
- Ensure that you have well written, information riddled and content rich articles. Your articles will be the body of your newsletter and they should excite your readers as well as provide information. Articles should be well written and checked for errors such as spelling and grammatical errors for it to look professional and believable.
- Fact-check your articles. Make sure you're providing true facts and figures so that your reputation as an expert and knowledgeable in that field is not questioned. If you lose the trust of your subscribers, that may persuade them to unsubscribe from your newsletter. You will lose many potential sales this way.
- Provide fresh and new articles with new information. If you publish stale and old news in your newsletter, your subscribers may already have read and known about them. Your subscribers might lose their interest in your newsletter and they won't get to read what is most important — your ads. They may not open or read any of your following newsletters, totally negating your intention in writing and publishing newsletters — to get them to visit your site and make a purchase.
- Never use copyrighted materials such as photos and articles. This is outright plagiarism and may get you into a lot of trouble. You can lose your business and get sued over copyright infringement. If you don't have the time to write your own articles, there are many willing and able professional article writers that can do it for you for a reasonable fee. All your investment in writing and publishing articles will be well worth it when you see your list build up and your traffic increasing.