Anyone who works on a computer day-in and day-out, for any extensive period of time, dreams of the day when a product will be developed that will end the tyranny of our endless tapping at the keyboard. Wouldn’t it be swell if we could simply speak and the computer recorded and typed what we said? Oh, yeah, it also has to be affordable for the average consumer.
That day, my friend, has come courtesy of Nuance and Dragon NaturallySpeaking® Preferred software. This unique software has won over 140 major awards worldwide for accuracy and ease of use. This accurate, affordable, and easy-to-use speech recognition program enables small/home office, business, and educational users to create and edit documents, reports, spreadsheets, and email all by voice.
This software works great for writing those articles you’ve wanted to publish on your blog. Just sit down and dictate what you want to say, and watch those words entered into your blog post. Pretty cool.
With this software, you can accurately turn your voice into text. You can dictate continuously and naturally at up to 160 words per minute. The software is fully integrated with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Internet Explorer. It can be used with virtually any Windows-based application.
Other product features include:
- A comprehensive vocabulary of over 250,000 standard and business terms, with the ability to add new words easily.
- The ability to insert text and graphics with a spoken word or phrase.
- The capacity to dictate into any L&H certified handheld recorded while you are on the road.
- Text-to-speech technology that allows your documents and emails to be read back to you in a human sounding voice.
- Searching the Web, accessing information, and navigating web pages by speaking URLS and links.
Dragon NaturallySpeaking® boasts a speech to text conversion accuracy rating of 99%. The standard version is available for just under $100 while the preferred version retails for approximately $200. Among the main usability differences between the two versions is that the standard version does not do dictation playback, work with a handheld digital recorder, dictate into a PocketPC or PalmOne Tungsten handheld device, and does not possess the smart formatting feature.
By effectively harnessing the power of Dragon NaturallySpeaking, we can improve the way we perform work on our computer.