Today in the ThirtyDayChallenge, we turned our attention to testing our chosen market to find out if the market spends money. I mentioned earlier a cool tool available to 30DC participants called Market Samurai. Using this tool, I was able to identify a niche within my market that had good traffic for the keyword phrase and relatively low competition of other web pages using the same phrase. This is what we lovingly call the "Phrase that Pays."
Let me tell you a little more about Market Samurai…
This awesome keyword research tool is a stand alone software program that can be used with either a MAC or a PC to slash the time and hassle of doing intensive keyword research! I've used both Wordtrackerand Keyword Elite in the past, and in my opinion Market Samurai now takes keyword research to a whole new level.
- Market Samurai uses Latent Systemic Indexing to compare keywords and find keyword relationships.
- Market Samurai gives a traffic prediction based upon the keywords and gives you the number of hits you are going to get for a keyword phrase via Organic traffic OR PPC traffic.
- Market Samurai evaluates competition for the keyword
Don't worry if you don't understand some of the above terms… Market Samurai does all the work for you and within minutes you can create a keyword list and know how much traffic you can expect and whether other competing websites might prevent you from getting good search engine positioning.
And here's a key point Ed Dale stressed: Why waste allot of time working hard at building on keyword terms that won't make you squat? Market Samurai will not only uncover for you the profitable niche keyword phrases, but more importantly will expose the ones that are a waste of time and effort. Now, I like that… work smart, not hard.
- Discover the EXACT long tail phrases you need to build pages around or optimize your site for.
- If you're doing PPC advertising, you'll uncover the EXACT AdWords phrases you need to be bidding on.
Besides the valuable keyword research work, Ed also showed us a simple way for creating content for our websites… again using our highly targeted keyword phrases.