The audio web video conferencing industry is continuously evolving and as such, new technology is introduced constantly. So how do you, a newbie in this whole audio web video conferencing business, choose the right type of service from the right type of vendor? The most logical first step to this is to visit vendor websites where you can review their live demos, seek client testimonials, and most important of all, ask questions.
However, before you even take that first step, there are some things you need to keep in mind. These things are your objectives in finding an audio web video conferencing solution, the features you require and your monthly budget. Once you have established all these factors, be prepared to spend time gathering the information you need from each vendor. Here are a few basic questions you might want to ask while searching for audio web video conferencing software:
- How many participants do you anticipate attending your online meetings or events?
- Will the number of participants remain consistent from meeting to meeting? Or will the number change?
- How many meetings will be conducted each week, month, or quarter? Will usage fluctuate depending on the time of the year?
- What type of content will be presented (PowerPoint slides, software applications, web-based applications, documents, or spreadsheets)?
- What degree of interactivity do you require for your audio web video conferencing? (Q&A, polling/voting, application sharing, text chatting, live video, file sharing, etc.)
- How much support do you need before, during, and after your meeting? Remember that the degree of customer service offered for your audio web video conferencing service varies greatly from vendor to vendor.
- What is your monthly budget?
- Are there any special security requirements?
- Are your attendees accessing your meeting behind corporate firewalls?
- What types of operating systems do you need the audio web video conferencing service to support?
If you have finished answering all the questions posed above and determined your requirement for your audio web video conferencing service, then it is time for you to choose a vendor. Even at this point, there are still plenty of factors to consider, least of which is the pricing option. Audio web video conferencing is typically priced either on a software user-license basis (pay per seat) or per minute of usage (pay per use). Determine which model suits you best.
With HotConference, you can get 5 Conference Rooms with up to 500 users, for less than $60 a month.